If you’re not using video on your website yet, you are falling behind the times. Video marketing is a huge business that is growing at a phenomenal rate. A recent study shows online video currently accounts for 40% of all current consumer internet traffic, and it’s set to rise to 62% by 2015 so they reckon.
Here are some of the top benefits of using online video as part of your marketing strategy:
- Video creates sticky content that ensures the user will stay on a website for longer. It’s an engaging way for consumers or businesses to find out more about a product or service and gives a company the opportunity to express their personality and allow people to get to know them. It can aid the research process too as well as give a greater level of detail than a written text description.
- Video definitely aids conversion. According to an Internet Retailer report from April 2010, consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy compared to those who don’t watch.
- Cost. It’s not expensive to get a simple video produced, and once it’s online, it can stay forever. Additionally, once a video is produced, it can be used on social media and other marketing sites – so it’s really a marketing initiative with legs!
- Social Media. Video lends itself to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and of course YouTube. Posting ‘how to’ or review videos – or encouraging followers to upload their own, can massively boost engagement.
- SEO. Search engines give priority to websites that have video content. According to Forrester Research Report 2009, video is 53 times more likely to generate a first page Google ranking than traditional search engine marketing techniques.
- Video is a great way to link up your marketing communications. You can drive customers online to see your product videos from your sales brochures, and you can link to it from your email newsletters.
- Videos work well on mobile and tablet devices. In fact, recent research shows that consumers will watch videos for three times longer than those who view from a PC.
As we’re always saying, keeping your website content updated and fresh is essential – and video can help. If you’re wondering what form your videos could take, here are some starter topics:
- Showcase your new products or services
- ‘How to’ guides
- Behind the scenes
- Office or warehouse tours
- The making of….. (product, advert, etc.)
Need help making a company video? Get in touch, it’s another thing we do!