If you are a small business that is just starting out and has limited funds, you may not yet have a website in place. A static brochure website could be the first step for you and your business to take on the world-wide-web ladder. Talk to your web designer about the differences between a static and dynamic website and see what works best for you.
What is a Static Brochure Website?
The term “brochure” website came about as an extension of a business sales brochure. A static brochure website allows you to have an online presence and present information to customers or potential new customers whilst being easy to update and maintain. It is “static” because it presents pre-defined, static information to the user. This may consist of such things as information about the company, details of the products and services that are on offer and will use photos, text and interactive menus and navigation.
Just like a sales brochure, the static website will provide the same type of information and level of detail consistently to all users. There is nothing dynamic about it. Dynamic websites are more complex and allow users to interact more personally with a website through such things as e-commerce, email sign-up and a user protected area.
The Benefits of a Static Brochure Website
Whilst a static website cannot process orders or gather data, it is still an extremely useful marketing tool. Here’s why:
- A static brochure website is typically built by your web design agency with approximately 6 pages, so there is plenty of information that can be communicated to visitors.
- It provides your business with a valuable online presence and domain name.
- Static websites are lower in cost to develop and build by your web designer than dynamic websites hence they are often used by small businesses and start-ups.
- A static website is easy to maintain. It can be handled by one person or your web design agency and is cost effective and less time consuming to maintain than a dynamic website.
- Static website pages will still be noticed and ranked by the search engines and so found by potential new customers.
- Once your business is ready, your website designer can adapt and develop your static website to evolve into something more dynamic.
A static brochure website is very useful, especially for new and small businesses. It gives you an online presence for little cost and with little maintenance it can be easily maintained and updated. Talk to your website designer about setting up a static website for your business.